Pages

Friday 27 April 2012

That's Sew Cinematic: Introducing The 'Rizzo' Blouse


Using Rizzo as my inspiration for this challenge I've finished re-creating this top that she wears in a diner scene.
Just to recap, I've used Style 1136 (undated) for this blouse in a plain bottle green cotton.
And here it is!

The blouse is super comfortable and I love the collar, although it does sit quite far back? I decided to have black buttons for a bit of contrast, and if you can spot it, I added something a little 'extra'
As soon as the shirt started coming together my husband mentioned that it looked similar to a bowling shirt, I then remembered that Rizzo wears the above red shirt at the end of the movie with her name on it. It was a match made in sewing heaven!
I'm not particularly great at embroidery so I very carefully just traced over some faint pencil line I drew on, with a needle and thread.
This is a really nice pattern, and I love the simplicity of it. I'll definitely be sewing this up again!

1 comment:

  1. Vicki this is TOO cute. I love the way you styled it with the jacket and your hair looks adorable. The embroidered bit just puts this top...over the top! :)

    ReplyDelete