Pages

Thursday 5 April 2012

Sew Cinematic Inspiration Post: Slip

I have to admit, I'm not making a slip for this part of the challenge, I am however planning on sewing something very similar. I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to try something different and make something i've been thinking about for a long time. What is it?? I hear you gasp!?
It's nightwear!

I've been wanting to sew up some cute babydoll nighties for ages, but I've yet to find the right pattern, until now.


Simplicity 4484
 Another ebay bargain! For your viewing pleasure here are a few images I found through google when searching for inspiration.










So what film am I basing this on? It had to be Grease (again, I know!). The sleepover scene at Frenchie's house is so iconic, I have to try and re-create Frenchie's babydoll & bloomers!




The fabric choice for this should make it quite interesting, I am avoiding nylon like the plague so no authenticity for this challenge! However on the back of my pattern the suggested fabrics are as follows:  Cottons & blends, broadcloth, batiste, crepe, challis, gingham, lawn, seersucker, voile, rayons, silks, and synthetics.

I also don't want it to be plain, but I may sew up a yellow version like Frenchie's for the challenge and then make another one up using something more interesting.

For inspiration I had a quick look on the website of one of my local fabric stores to see what they have to offer, I mainly liked the chiffons & georgettes.





So there you go, another project to add to the growing list! But I have to ask, have any of you lovely readers ever sewn up nightwear? Any suggestions on what fabric to avoid?

No comments:

Post a Comment