Pages

Wednesday 7 March 2012

UFO Part 1: Karl Lagerfeld Skirt

As with most UFO's I didn't have a lot left to do with this skirt, the hard parts had already been done.
The waistband needed re-fitting as it was too loose, and the hem needed doing.


The material used is some black almost canvas like fabric, which was donated to me by my mother in law.

The design is my own take on the Karl Lagerfeld skirt that's available to download at Burdastyle, no pattern was used to make this skirt.

The skirt features side seam pockets (big & deep, the way I like them!) a fat waistband, centre back zipper with a button fastening, a box pleat at the centre front, a ton of darts, and two fake pocket flaps on the front....phew! that was a long list!

I've been wanting a plain black thick mini skirt for a while, especially for spring & autumn that I can wear with thick tights and a cropped jacket.

One down! One to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment