Pages

Friday 16 March 2012

Finished Project: Mad Men Challenge

Happy Friday Ladies! Another week coming to an end, another finished project under my belt!
This week saw me take on the Mad Men Challenge set by Julia Bobbin.
After much I thought I decided upon an outfit worn by Peggy Olson as discussed here.

Using Vogue 5308's bottom pieces I made this skirt using some wool that my mum gave me.
It was quite fun to sew, and the inverted pleats were simple to make, the hardest part was getting them to lie flat! They still need a bit more pressing really!

The top was actually bought from a thrift store and I still can't get over how similar it is to Peggy's except mine has ruffles too, and doesn't have sleeves.

This was a nice simple project to put together, and I almost feel like I wimped out a bit for this challenge as everyone else seems to be tackling dresses. Hey ho.






I'm so excited to see what everyone else has been working on! If you're participating good luck with the rest of your sewing & I can't wait to see the finished pieces!

2 comments:

  1. How cute! I love the inverted pleats on the skirt. Also, that shirt is perfect. Nice work! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job! I like it! I also want to see the others sewing, I am not participating but I'm seroiusly thinking in doing something inspired in Mad Men, you can enter also in the www.sewweekly.com chalenge, they have a MAd Men chalenge too.

    ReplyDelete