Pages

Monday 30 May 2011

Pencil Skirt Revisited

I managed to finish my skirt pretty quickly after my last post as I was dying to see the finished project, and i'm so thrilled with the way it turned out. I hope you like it!
So after I attached the waistband, I then fitted the zipper...


After this I turned the skirt to the wrong side and started to sew up the centre back seam, leaving about 4 inches at the bottom for my slit.



I then neaten the seam by zigzagging each edge, and then hand stitched them down so they would stay flat. 


I then hemmed the bottom by hand, and that was it!


Here's the finished skirt...




After sewing this I remembered another famous pencil skirt from one of my favourite movies..




I love the white top Grace is wearing with hers!









2 comments:

  1. Pretty! I have almost exactely the same skirt, but mine is from Zara. Good job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous skirt! It looks awesome on you!

    ReplyDelete